26 Mar Vera Crochet Bunny
There are many theories about Easter, its origin and symbols. Common thread at most of them is fertility and life, from latent lethargy to explosion of activity and energy. After winter, spring is coming, fields in flower and mating species.
My favourite story says that The Easter rabbit is a character that, according to legend, brings full baskets of colourful eggs and sweets in the home of children.
INSPIRATION + DESIGN
If you’re looking for a project that’s cute and fun to crochet, Vera is perfect for you! These seasonal bunnies are made in one piece.
They’re a great way to use up yarn scraps, because you can choose your own color combination or that one which matches your Easter decoration.
Would you like to make your own?
Dress up your table with them.
HOW TO GET THIS CROCHET PATTERN
Option 1: Scroll down to see the FREE Crochet Pattern
Option 2: Purchase the printable PDF that includes written instructions pattern to walk you through every single step of making your own XX, is perfect if you like to crochet on the couch or on the go. This is a nicely formatted PDF perfect for your mobile or tablet viewing. Or, you can print and take it with you wherever you want, avoiding keeping busy the electronic screen of your device and leaving it free for your favorites movies, series or apps.
Also you support Hilaria Fina when buying this printable PDF, so that we can keep offering new contents for you.
STITCHES AND TECHNIQUES USED
Wrap yarn around two fingers, leaving 7cm long tail. Insert hook right to left under the two rows and pick the strand up (the one that leads to the skein), pulling the yarn back under the two rows, YO and pull through the loop (do not count as first stitch). Keep working the following stitches into the ring. Remove the ring from your fingers and pull the tail end to tight the ring.
CHAIN (ABBREVIATION ch)
YO and pull through loop on hook.
SLIP STITCH (ABBREVIATION: sl st)
Insert hook in stitch, YO and pull through both loops on hook at once.
SINGLE CROCHET (ABBREVIATION: sc)
Insert hook in stitch, YO and pull through the stitch (2 loops on hook), YO and pull through both loops on hook at once.
HALF DOUBLE CROCHET (ABBREVIATION: hdc)
YO, insert hook in stitch, YO and pull through the stitch (3 loops on hook), YO and pull through all 3 loops on hook at once.
DOUBLE CROCHET (ABBREVIATION: dc)
YO, insert hook into the stitch, YO and pull the yarn through the stitch (3 loops on your hook), YO and pull through the first 2 loops on the hook in one go (2 loops remain on the hook), YO again and pull through the remaining 2 loops on the hook.
BOBBLE STITCH (abbrev. BO) OR CLUSTER STITCH (abbrev. CL)
A bobble is a number of stitches, half finished and all worked into the same st. Work each stitch until the last step, omitting this final step. Once the desired number of half finished sts have been completed, YO and then pull through all loops on the hook in one go to complete the bobble.
The back bump, or back bar, lies right behind the back loop of a stitch.
- ch = chain
- dc = double crochet
- hdc = half double crochet
- -inc = increase (crochet 2 stitches into the same stitch, example: sc-inc)
- lp (s) = loop (s)
- rnd (s) = round (s)
- sc = single crochet
- slst = slip stitch enano
- st (s) = stitch(es)
- Rnd … / Row … = At the beginning of each pattern line, you’ll find “Rnd” or “Row” + a number to indicate which “round” or “row”.
- (…) = At the end of each line you will find the number of stitches you should have at end of each “round” or “row”.
- […] x … = When part of the instructions repeat throughout the “round” or “row”, it ́ll be placed between brackets x the number of times it should be repeated.
- (…) = stitches between (…) are worked into the same stitch.
- Example: Rnd 01. (3sc) in the same stitch, [2sc, sc-inc] x 2. (11 sts)
LEVEL 2 – EASY
- If you are looking for a relaxing project, this is what you want. These patterns are very repetitive. They use basic stitches and easy procedures.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Crochet Hook 12.00 mm
- Yarn Needle
- Stitch Marker
- Prong stud: 5 mm round silver
- T-shirt yarn : super bulky weight
nº 01 (dark blue)
nº 02 (maroon)
- Using super bulky T-shirt yarn weight yarn finished item will turn out a height of approx. 18 cm.
- Choose a different yarn weight with the corresponding crochet hook size to make a bigger or smaller version.
- This pattern is written in US terminology.
- When you crochet spiral rounds, you start with an adjustable ring (know as “magic ring”) and you will go on work in a continuos spiral. This means, you continue to crochet directly into the first stitch of the previous round to star the next round. You should mark the first stitch of the round to keep track of where the round begins.
MORE FREE CROCHET PATTERNS FROM HILARIA FINA
If you enjoyed this crochet pattern, you may enjoy these other projects as well. If you just want to browse, you can find all of our free crochet patterns HERE.
With 12.00 mm crochet hook, in chosen yarn.
To begin: Make a magic ring.
Rnd 01. 6sc into ring, tighten the lp. (6)
Rnd 02. [sc-inc] x 6. (12)
Rnd 03. [sc-inc, sc] x 6. (18)
Row 04. 2slst, (6sc, place stitch marked in the first st), 2slst, ch, turn. (6)
Row 05. sk st, 6sc, ch, turn. (6)
Row 06. 6sc, ch, turn. (6)
Row 07. 5sc, 7ch, crochet into the bumps of the chain, starting in the 3rd back bump, 2dc, 2hdc, slst, slst in last st of the row, 7ch, crochet into the bumps of the chain, starting in the 3rd back bump, 2dc, 2hdc, slst, slst between row 07 and 06, slst between row 06 and 05, slst in the marked st, 5slst, (slst, 2ch, Bobble, 2ch, slst), 4slst, (slst, ch, 2hdc), (hdc, slst), 4slst.
Cut the yarn and weave in all ends.
CHECK CHART – BUNNY.
Place the stud between round 06 and 07.
CHART – BUNNY
Below you can find a video tutorial of this pattern.
CONGRATS! You made it. I hope you enjoyed each step. ❥4U
If you want to be featured in our feed, just tag #hilariafina in your pictures.
The design and pattern are copyright and must not be reproduced for resale! You are NOT allowed to sell finished items made from this pattern. For your personal use (non-profit) or for charity purposes you are permitted to make as many items from this pattern as you like specifying that it is an Hilaria Fina design made by this pattern and obtaining the prior, express and written permission of the Company.
Copyright © Hilaria Fina. All Rights Reserved.