21 Sep Trillo Crochet Stitch
STITCHES AND TECHNIQUES USED
CHAIN (abbrev. ch)
YO and pull through the loop on hook.
HALF DOUBLE CROCHET (abbrev. hdc)
YO, insert hook in stitch, YO and pull up loop (3 loops on your hook), YO and pull through all 3 loops on the hook.
THROUGH FRONT LOOP (abbrev. tfl)
The front loop is the loop closest to you.
THROUGH BACK LOOP (abbrev. tbl)
The back loop is furthest away from you.
CROCHETING INTO THE BACK BUMP OF A CHAIN
When you turn your chain, you’ll see a small ‘bump’ on the wrong side of each stitch.
- ch = chain
- hdc = half double crochet
- hdc-tbl = half double crochet through back loop
- hdc-tfl = half double crochet through front loop
- […] = When part of the instructions repeat throughout the “row”, it ́ll be placed between brackets.
START CROCHETING | STITCH TRILLO
- Turning chain at the beginning of row do not count as a stitch.
- Number of rows in pattern repeat : 1
TIP | When working Row 01, alternate working in back bump and back loop of the chain, which allows the stitches to sit closer together like the rest of the project.
To begin | multiple 2 + 1 turning chain
Row 01 | Starting in 2nd ch, [hdc through back bump, hdc-tbl] to end.
Row 02 | ch, turn, [hdc-tfl, hdc-tbl] to end.
Repeat rows 02 until desired height is reached.
VIDEOTUTORIAL | HILARIA FINA