24 Feb Suzette Crochet Stitch
The Suzette Stitch is a combination of single crochet and double crochet.
STITCHES AND TECHNIQUES USED
With about 15 cm of yarn, make a loop. Insert your hook through the center of the loop, draw the end of the yarn through the loop, and pull on the tail to tighten.
CHAIN (abbrev. ch)
YO and pull the yarn through the loop on the hook.
SLIP STITCH (abbrev. sl st)
Insert hook into the stitch, YO and pull through the stitch and also the loop on the hook in one go.
SINGLE CROCHET (abbrev. sc)
Insert hook into the stitch, YO and pull the yarn through the stitch (2 loops on your hook), YO again and pull through both loops on the hook in one go.
DOUBLE CROCHET (abbrev. dc)
YO, insert hook into the stitch, YO and pull the yarn through the stitch (3 loops on your hook), YO and pull through the first 2 loops on the hook in one go (2 loops remain on the hook), YO again and pull through the remaining 2 loops on the hook.
- ch = chain
- sc = single crochet
- dc = double crochet
- Row … = At the beginning of each pattern line, you’ll find “Row” + a number to indicate which “row”.
- (…) = At the end of each line you will find the number of stitches you should have at end of each “row”.
- […] x … = When part of the instructions repeat throughout the “row”, it ́ll be placed between brackets x the number of times it should be repeated.
- (…) = stitches between (…) are worked into the same stitch.
- Example: Row 01. (3sc) in the same stitch, [2sc, sc-inc] x 2. (11 sts)
SUZETTE CROCHET STITCH
- Turning chain at the beginning of row do not count as a stitch.
- Number of rows in pattern repeat : 1
To begin: multiple 2 + 2.
Row 01. Crochet in back bumps, starting in 2nd bump of the chain, [(sc, dc)] repeat to end of the row.
Row 02. ch, turn, [skip the first st, (sc, dc) in the next stitch] repeat to end of the row.
Repeat Row 02 for the pattern.
VIDEO | SUZETTE STITCH
VIDEOTUTORIAL | HILARIA FINA