17 Sep Stacked Single Crochet Stitch
Are the edges of your crochet wavy? Are there gaps from turning chains along the sides?
STITCHES AND TECHNIQUES USED
SINGLE CROCHET (abbrev. sc)
Insert hook into the stitch, YO and pull the yarn through the stitch (2 loops on your hook), YO again and pull through both loops on the hook in one go.
DOUBLE CROCHET (abbrev. dc)
YO, insert hook into the stitch, YO and pull the yarn through the stitch (3 loops on your hook), YO and pull through the first 2 loops on the hook in one go (2 loops remain on the hook), YO again and pull through the remaining 2 loops on the hook.
- Keeping perfectly straight edges in double crochet is not only possible but extremely easy with this little trick!
- Learn how to crochet the Stacked Single Crochet (abbreviated STSC)!
MORE FREE CROCHET PATTERNS FROM HILARIA FINA
If you enjoyed this crochet pattern, you may enjoy these other projects as well. If you just want to browse, you can find all of our free crochet patterns HERE.
STACKED SINGLE CROCHET STITCH
When working in double crochet, there are mainly two ways in which you can start a new row:
- Chain 1 (does not count as a stitch), working the first double crochet in the first stitch, the edges of your crochet fabric are wavy.
- Chain 3 or 2 (counts as first stitch), working the first double crochet in the next stitch, every row will have a little gap at the beginning, because the initial 3 turning chains are not as thick as one regular double crochet.
This is when the Stacked Single Crochet becomes a great new stitch to learn! The idea is to imitate the look of a double crochet appearing in the row.
- There are not unsightly gaps at the beginning of the rows!
- It creates a nice clean edge along your work. This is especially helpful if you need to add a border to your project.
HOW TO CROCHET A STACKED SINGLE CROCHET STITCH (STSC)
STEP 01. DO NOT chain at the beginning of the row. Insert your hook into the first stitch, and make a single crochet
STEP 02: Insert your hook into the vertical bar below, YO and pull up a loop.
STEP 03: YO and pull through both loops on the hook.
Now the STCS is complete.
CONGRATS! You made it. I hope you enjoyed each step. ❥4U
If you want to be featured in our feed, just tag #hilariafina in your pictures.
The design and pattern are copyright and must not be reproduced for resale! You are NOT allowed to sell finished items made from this pattern. For your personal use (non-profit) or for charity purposes you are permitted to make as many items from this pattern as you like specifying that it is an Hilaria Fina design made by this pattern and obtaining the prior, express and written permission of the Company.
Copyright © Hilaria Fina. All Rights Reserved.