28 Aug Single Crochet Front Loop
STITCHES AND TECHNIQUES USED
CHAIN (abbrev. ch)
YO and pull through the loop on hook.
SINGLE CROCHET (abbrev. sc)
Insert hook in stitch, YO and pull up loop (2 loops on your hook), YO again and pull through both loops on hook.
THROUGH FRONT LOOP (abbrev. tfl)
The front loop is the loop closest to you.
CROCHETING INTO THE BACK BUMP OF A CHAIN
When you turn your chain, you’ll see a small ‘bump’ on the wrong side of each stitch.
- ch = chain
- sc = single crochet
- sc-tfl = single crochet through front loop
- Row … = At the beginning of each pattern line, you’ll find “Row” + a number to indicate which “row”.
START CROCHETING | SINGLE CROCHET FRONT LOOP
- This stitch is worked in rows in this tutorial.
- Turning chain at the beginning of row do not count as a stitch.
- Number of rows in pattern repeat : 1
- Create a neater edge by working the last stitch on the slip stitch row through both loops.
To begin: make a slip knot and then for the inicial chain make multiple 1 + 1 turning chain.
Row 01. starting in 2nd ch through back bumps (this makes a pretty edge), sc in each ch to end.
Row 02. ch, turn, sc-tfl in each stitch to last st, sc in last st.
Repeat row 02 until desired height is reached.
VIDEO | SINGLE CROCHET FRONT LOOP
VIDEOTUTORIAL | HILARIA FINA