24 Apr Roger Topper Bunny
“ROGER TOPPER BUNNY” – CROCHET PATTERN BY HILARIA FINA
INSPIRATION + DESIGN
Hi ! I’ve got a quick and fun little free pattern for you today.It does not matter you use it for a birthday, wedding or just because someone special deserves a nice and cute dessert.
Here we go!
STITCHES AND TECHNIQUES USED
Wrap yarn around two fingers, leaving 7cm long tail. Insert hook right to left under the two rows and pick the strand up (the one that leads to the skein), pulling the yarn back under the two rows, YO and pull through the loop (do not count as first stitch). Keep working the following stitches into the ring. Remove the ring from your fingers and pull the tail end to tight the ring.
With about 15 cm of yarn, make a loop. Insert your hook through the center of the loop, draw the end of the yarn through the loop, and pull on the tail to tighten.
CHAIN (ABBREVIATION ch)
YO and pull the yarn through the loop on the hook.
SLIP STITCH (ABBREVIATION: sl st)
Insert hook into the stitch, YO and pull through the stitch and also the loop on the hook in one go.
SINGLE CROCHET (ABBREVIATION: sc)
Insert hook into the stitch, YO and pull the yarn through the stitch (2 loops on your hook), YO again and pull through both loops on the hook in one go.
HALF DOUBLE CROCHET (ABBREVIATION: hdc)
YO, insert hook into the stitch, YO and pull the yarn through the stitch (3 loops on your hook), YO and pull through all 3 loops on the hook in one go.
DOUBLE CROCHET (ABBREVIATION: dc)
YO, insert hook into the stitch, YO and pull the yarn through the stitch (3 loops on your hook), YO and pull through the first 2 loops on the hook in one go (2 loops remain on the hook), YO again and pull through the remaining 2 loops on the hook.
- ch = chain
- dc = double crochet
- hdc = half double crochet
- hdc2tog = 2 half double crochet together
- -inc = increase (crochet 2 stitches into the same stitch, example: sc-inc)
- lp (s) = loop (s)
- rnd (s) = round (s)
- sc = single crochet
- slst = slip stich
- st (s) = stitch (es)
- YO = yarn over
- Rnd … / Row … = At the beginning of each pattern line, you’ll find “Rnd” or “Row” + a number to indicate which “round” or “row”.
- (…) = At the end of each line you will find the number of stitches you should have at end of each “round” or “row”.
- […] x … = When part of the instructions repeat throughout the “round” or “row”, it ́ll be placed between brackets x the number of times it should be repeated.
- (…) = stitches between (…) are worked into the same stitch.
- Example: Rnd 01. (3sc) in the same stitch, [2sc, sc-inc] x 2. (11 sts)
LEVEL 2: EASY
If you are looking for a relaxing project, this is what you want. These patterns are very repetitive. They use basic stitches and easy procedures.
MORE FREE CROCHET PATTERNS FROM HILARIA FINA
If you enjoyed this crochet pattern, you may enjoy these other projects as well. If you just want to browse, you can find all of our free crochet patterns HERE.
This post contains affiliate links.
- Using light worsted weight yarn, finished item will be approx. 5 cm x 3 cm.
- Choose a different yarn weight with the corresponding crochet hook size to make a bigger or smaller version.
- This pattern is written in US terminology.
- When you crochet spiral rounds, you start with an adjustable ring (know as “magic ring”) and you will go on work in a continuos spiral. This means, you continue to crochet directly into the first stitch of the previous round to star the next round. You should mark the first stitch of the round to keep track of where the round begins.
- You should mark the first stitch of the round to keep track of where the round begins.
BUNNY (make 2)
Crochet in spiral with 3.5 mm (E US) crochet hook, in sky blue yarn.
To begin: Make a magic ring
Rnd 01. 8sc into ring and tighten the loop. (8)
Rnd 02. [sc-inc] x 6. (12)
Rnd 03. 6ch, dc in the 4th ch from hook, hdc, sc, slst.
Rnd 07. 6ch, dc in the 4th ch from hook, hdc, sc, slst.
Cut the yarn and weave in the ends.
For the second panel: cut the yarn, leaving a very long tail for sewing.
STEP 01. JOINING
Place two panels together matching up all sides. With the extra tail of the second piece sew together. When you have reached halfway fill up lightly. Keep sewing to the end.
Cut the yarn and weave in all ends.
STEP 02. COCKTAIL STICK
Take a cocktail stick and glue the little bunny to the top.
CONGRATS! You made it. I hope you enjoyed each step. ❥4U
If you want to be featured in our feed, just tag #hilariafina in your pictures.
The design and pattern are copyright and must not be reproduced for resale! You are NOT allowed to sell finished items made from this pattern. For your personal use (non-profit) or for charity purposes you are permitted to make as many items from this pattern as you like specifying that it is an Hilaria Fina design made by this pattern and obtaining the prior, express and written permission of the Company.
Copyright © Hilaria Fina. All Rights Reserved.