21 Feb Fred Bunny
“FRED BUNNY” – CROCHET PATTERN by HILARIA FINA
INSPIRATION + DESIGN
Crochet tapestry is a technique that allows us to use several tails of different colors in the same round to create designs. We will work normal single crochet, the only difference is that the additional color is carried hidden in the inner part of the fabric. It is important to crochet tight, so that 2nd color cannot be seen through the fabric.
Tapestry texture has an ideal thickness very suitable to make bags, rugs, pillows etc.
TO CARRY YARN
Insert the hook from top to back, under the two loops of the stitch and, under the black color. YO, pull up loop (2 loops on hook), YO and pull through both loops on hook. Keep crocheting single crochet as usual , always under the black color , so it will stay invisible.
In some cases you can insert the 2nd color right in the moment you need it. I prefer to insert it from the 2nd row of the project. This assures that the thickness of the fabric will be the same all along and, the carried color, will be there when you need it.
TO CHANGE COLOR
It is important to avoid the tails being tangled, you can follow the next steps to get ride of this problem:
- We have got two colors, the main one (red) witch we will use to start the work and the contrast one (black) witch we will start hidden it in the 2nd row.
- To change the color red (main) for the color black (contrast), just before closing the stitch leave the red tail(pic 2), YO using the black (pic 3) and close the stitch with the black color (pic 4). You have closed last red color stitch with the black color , and you are ready to crochet the black stitches needed wrapping the red color.
- To change the color black for the color red, just before closing the stitch, place red tail behind black tail (pic 5 and 6), YO using the red (pic 7) and close the stitch (pic 8). You have closed last black color stitch with the red color, and you are ready to crochet the red stitches needed wrapping the black color.We will follow the same steps at any color change.
To change from red to black we simply leave the red tail (pic 2). But, to change from black to red, we will do this small turn as shown in pic 6, so that we will keep our skeins untangled.
If you haven’t tried tapestry crochet technique you definitely should.
NIVEL 3 – INTERMEDIATE
If you are looking for a new challenge, these projects are just for you! These patterns use a variety of crochet techniques and stitch combinations. They are more demanding and require more detail and concentration along with advanced shaping and stitching.
STITCHES AND TECHNIQUES USED
CHAIN (abbrev. ch)
YO and pull the yarn through the loop on the hook.
SINGLE CROCHET (abbrev. sc)
Insert hook into the stitch, YO and pull the yarn through the stitch (2 loops on your hook), YO again and pull through both loops on the hook in one go.
- ch = chain
- sc = single crochet
- st (s) = stitch (es)
- YO = yarn over
- Row … = At the beginning of each pattern line, you’ll find “Row” + a number to indicate which “row”.
- (…) = At the end of each line you will find the number of stitches you should have at end of each line.
- […] x … = When part of the instructions repeat throughout the “row”, it ́ll be placed between brackets x the number of times it should be repeated.
- (…) = stitches between (…) are worked into the same stitch.
- Example: Row 01. (3sc) in the same stitch, [2sc, sc-inc] x 2. (11 sts)
This post contains affiliate links.
MORE FREE CROCHET PATTERNS FROM HILARIA FINA
If you enjoyed this crochet pattern, you may enjoy these other projects as well. If you just want to browse, you can find all of our free crochet patterns HERE.
- All measurements given are unblocked.
- 14 cm x 16 cm approx. if you made it with the very same indicated yarn.
- This pattern is written in US terminology.
- This pattern is worked bottom-up.
- When you crochet in rows, each row stars by turning the piece and working some chain stitches (know as the “turning chains”) to get the right height for the following stitches.
With 4.00 mm (G US) crochet hook, in light beige yarn.
To begin: Make 30ch + 1 turning ch. Crochet a bit loose, it will be easier to insert the hook in the back bump of the chain.
Row 01. Add the wine color. In light beige wrapping the wine color, crochet into the bumps of the chain, starting in the second back bump from hook, 30sc, turn.
Row 02. ch, 8sc in light beige, 5sc in wine, 5 sc in light beige, 4sc in wine, 8sc in light beige, turn.
Row 03/31. Follow the chart. Each square represents a single crochet, and each line is a row. So that, you MUST make sure that the number of stitches match the number of squares and the number of lines match the number of rows.
Cut the yarn and weave in all ends.
CONGRATS! You made it. I hope you enjoyed each step. ❥4U
If you want to be featured in our feed, just tag #hilariafina in your pictures.
The design and pattern are copyright and must not be reproduced for resale! You are NOT allowed to sell finished items made from this pattern. For your personal use (non-profit) or for charity purposes you are permitted to make as many items from this pattern as you like specifying that it is an Hilaria Fina design made by this pattern and obtaining the prior, express and written permission of the Company.
Copyright © Hilaria Fina. All Rights Reserved.