28 Dec Epifanio Set Duplicate Stitch
The most magical night of the year is approaching—the arrival of the Three Wise Men. It’s a night of hard work for them as they have to distribute their gifts to all the children around the world. For their camels, leave a little grass and water, and for the Wise Men themselves, a cup of warm milk with some Christmas sweets.
This project is divided into 3 parts:
- Crochet a square base using the slip stitch through the back loop.
- Next, we will use the duplicate stitch technique to embroider the designs onto the bases.
- Finally, sew a piece of felt on the reverse side of the base.
HOW TO GET THIS CROCHET PATTERN
Option 1: Scroll down to see the FREE Crochet Pattern
Option 2: Purchase the printable PDF that includes written instructions pattern to walk you through every single step of making your own Epifanio Set Duplicate Stitch, is perfect if you like to crochet on the couch or on the go. This is a nicely formatted PDF perfect for your mobile or tablet viewing. Or, you can print and take it with you wherever you want, avoiding keeping busy the electronic screen of your device and leaving it free for your favorites movies, series or apps.
Also you support Hilaria Fina when buying this printable PDF, so that we can keep offering new contents for you.
STITCHES AND TECHNIQUES USED
CHAIN (abbrev. ch)
YO and pull through the loop on hook.
SLIP STITCH (abbrev. sl st)
Insert hook in stitch, YO and pull through stitch and loop on hook.
THROUGH BACK LOOP (abbrev. tbl)
The back loop is furthest away from you.
CROCHETING INTO THE BACK BUMP OF A CHAIN
Usually you crochet in the right side of the chain. When you turn your chain, you’ll see a small ‘bump’ on the wrong side of each stitch.
LEVEL 2 – EASY
If you are looking for a relaxing project, this is what you want. These patterns are very repetitive. They use basic stitches and easy procedures.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Crochet hook 4.5 mm (7 US)
- Felt, sewing needle, sewing thread, yarn needle, markers and scissors
- 100 g (1 skein) of color nº 51 (light maroon), nº 41 (light mustard) | Katia Merino Aran (52% Merino, 48% Acrylic), 100g/3 oz. ½, 155m/169 yds.
Approx. 8 cm x 8 cm.
MORE FREE CROCHET PATTERNS FROM HILARIA FINA
If you enjoyed this crochet pattern, you may enjoy these other projects as well. If you just want to browse, you can find all of our free crochet patterns HERE.
START CROCHETING | BASE
Turning chain at the beginning of row do not count as a stitch.
Number of rows in pattern repeat : 1
TO BEGIN | 18 ch + 1 turning chain.
R1 | starting in 2nd ch through back bumps, 18 slst.
R2 – 26 | ch, turn, 18 slst-tbl.
Cut the yarn and weave in all ends.
DUPLICATE STITCH |
How to read the duplicate stitch diagram?
It is very similar to the cross-stitch. A duplicate stitch is made over each “V”-shaped stitch, equivalent to a square on the chart.
To create the “V” stitch over the slip stitch through the back loop, two rows are needed, one going and one returning. Each base has 26 rows, although we will only have 13 rows of “V” stitches.
HOW TO CALCULATE THE THREAD LENGTH FOR EACH EMBROIDERY?
- Count the number of stitches to duplicate on the chart.
- Multiply that number by 4.
- The result of this multiplication provides the necessary thread length in centimeters.
Thread length needed in cm = Number of stitches to duplicate x 4
Find the central point on the chart and mark it on the base to start the design in the correct place making sure it is centered. Begin from the right end of the chosen design.
- Insert the needle from the back to the front at the bottom of the first stitch to be embroidered and bring the thread to the right side.
- From the front of the fabric, slide the needle and pass the thread through both “legs” of the upper stitch, from right to left.
- Ensure that the tension of the duplicate thread is equal to the fabric tension, covering the stitch without pulling or tightening too much.
- Complete the stitch by inserting the needle in the same place where you started, but this time from front to back.
Repeat these steps to continue working each duplicate stitch.
To finish, secure the threads on the back of the fabric.
Cut a square of felt slightly smaller than the base to ensure it is not visible. Thread a needle with black thread and sew the felt to the base.
CONGRATS! You made it. I hope you enjoyed each step. ❥4U
If you want to be featured in our feed, just tag #hilariafina in your pictures.
The design and pattern are copyright and must not be reproduced for resale! You are NOT allowed to sell finished items made from this pattern. For your personal use (non-profit) or for charity purposes you are permitted to make as many items from this pattern as you like specifying that it is an Hilaria Fina design made by this pattern and obtaining the prior, express and written permission of the Company.
Copyright © Hilaria Fina. All Rights Reserved.