14 Jan Crunch Crochet Stitch
The crunch stitch is worked with half double crochet (hdc) and slip stitches (slst), that's it!
STITCHES AND TECHNIQUES USED
CHAIN (abbrev. ch)
YO and pull through loop on hook.
SLIP STITCH (abbrev. sl st)
Insert hook in stitch, YO and pull through stitch and loop on hook.
HALF DOUBLE CROCHET (abbrev. hdc)
YO, insert hook in stitch, YO and pull up loop (3 loops on your hook), YO and pull through all 3 loops on the hook.
- ch = chain
- slst = slip stitch
- hdc = half double crochet
- Row … = At the beginning of each pattern line, you’ll find “Row” + a number to indicate which “row”.
- […] = When part of the instructions repeat throughout the “row”, it ́ll be placed between brackets.
- Example: Row 01. (3sc) in the same stitch, [2sc, sc-inc] x 2. (11 sts)
START CROCHETING |CRUNCH CROCHET STITCH
- Turning chain at the beginning of row do not count as a stitch.
- Number of rows in pattern repeat : 1
To begin: multiple 2 + 1.
Row 01. starting in 2nd back bump of the ch from hook, [hdc, slst] repeat to end.
Row 02. ch, turn, [hdc, slst] repeat to end.
Repeat Rows 02 for the pattern.
VIDEO | CRUNCH STITCH
In addition, this is also a reversible crochet stitch!
VIDEOTUTORIAL | CRUNCH STITCH