18 Feb Cobble Crochet Stitch
STITCHES AND TECHNIQUES USED
With about 15 cm of yarn, make a loop. Insert your hook through the center of the loop, draw the end of the yarn through the loop, and pull on the tail to tighten.
CHAIN (ABBREVIATION ch)
YO and pull through loop on hook.
SINGLE CROCHET (ABBREVIATION: sc)
Insert hook in stitch, YO and pull through the stitch (2 loops on hook), YO and pull through both loops on hook at once.
TREBLE CROCHET (ABBREVIATION: tr)
YO twice, insert hook into the stitch, YO and pull the yarn through the stitch (4 loops on the hook),YO and pull through the first 2 loops on the hook (3 loops remain on the hook), YO and pull through the first 2 loops again (2 loops remain on the hook), YO again and pull through the remaining 2 loops on the hook.
- BLO = back loops only
- ch = chain
- lp (s) = loop (s)
- sc = single crochet
- slst = slip stitch
- st (s) = stitch (es)
- tr = treble crochet
- YO = yarn over
- […] x … = When part of the instructions repeat throughout the “row”, it ́ll be placed between brackets x the number of times it should be repeated.
- This pattern is written in US terminology.
- In some parts “only back loop” (BLO) or “only front loop” (FLO) will be indicated.
- When you crochet in rows, each row stars by turning the piece and working some chain stitches (know as the “turning chains”) to get the right height for the following stitches.
- Turning chains at the beginning of rows do not count as a stitch.
With 4.5 mm (7 US) crochet hook, in chosen color yarn.
To begin: start with any odd number (to practice do at least 15) + 1 turning ch.
Row 01. Crochet in back bumps, starting in 2nd back bump of the chain, sc in each ch across, ch, turn.
Row 02. [sc, tr] repeat to end, ch, turn.
Row 03. Crochet in BLO, sc in the second ch from the hook and in each ch across, ch, turn.
Repeat Rows 02 and 03 for the pattern.
Cut the yarn and weave in the ends.
CHECK CHART – COBBLE.