02 Dec Big Brioche Mesh
STITCHES AND TECHNIQUES USED
CHAIN (abbrev. ch)
YO and pull through the loop on hook.
HALF DOUBLE CROCHET (abbrev. hdc)
YO, insert hook in stitch, YO and pull up loop (3 loops on your hook), YO and pull through all 3 loops on the hook.
HALF DOUBLE CROCHET SLIP STITCH (abbrev. hdcss)
YO, insert hook in stitch, YO and pull through stitch and through two loops on hook.
THROUGH BACK LOOP (abbrev. tbl)
The back loop is furthest away from you.
CROCHETING INTO THE BACK BUMP OF A CHAIN
When you turn your chain, you’ll see a small ‘bump’ on the wrong side of each stitch.
- ch = chain
- hdc = half double crochet
- tbl = through back loop
- hdc-tbl = half double crochet through back loop
- Row … = At the beginning of each pattern line, you’ll find “Row” + a number to indicate which “row”.
- […] = When part of the instructions repeat throughout the “row”, it ́ll be placed between brackets.
- (…) = stitches between (…) are worked into the same stitch.
START CROCHETING |
This stitch is worked in rows in this tutorial.
Turning chain at the beginning of row does not count as a stitch.
Number of rows in pattern repeat : 2
TO BEGIN: slip knot and chain an odd number of chain + 1 turning chain.
Row 01. starting in 2nd ch through back bumps, hdcss in each ch to end.
Row 02. turn, (ch, hdc), [ch, skip st, hdc in next] to end.
Row 03. hdcss-tbl in each ch to end.
Repeat rows 02 & 03 until desired height is reached.
VIDEOTUTORIAL | HILARIA FINA