17 Oct Almond Crochet Stitch
STITCHES AND TECHNIQUES USED
CHAIN (abbrev. ch)
YO and pull through the loop on hook.
SLIP STITCH (abbrev. sl st)
Insert hook in stitch, YO and pull through stitch and loop on hook.
HALF DOUBLE CROCHET (abbrev. hdc)
YO, insert hook in stitch, YO and pull up loop (3 loops on your hook), YO and pull through all 3 loops on the hook.
CROCHETING INTO THE BACK BUMP OF A CHAIN
Usually you crochet in the right side of the chain. When you turn your chain, you’ll see a small ‘bump’ on the wrong side of each stitch.
THROUGH BACK LOOP (abbrev. tbl)
The back loop is furthest away from you.
- ch = chain
- slst-tbl = slip stitch through back loop
- hdc-tbl = half double crochet through back loop
- Row … = At the beginning of each pattern line, you’ll find “Row” + a number to indicate which “row”.
- […] = When part of the instructions repeat throughout the “row”, it ́ll be placed between brackets.
START CROCHETING | ALMOND STITCH
- Turning chain at the beginning of row do not count as a stitch.
- Number of rows in pattern repeat : 4
- Not reversible.
TO BEGIN: multiple 8 + 4 + 1 turning chain.
ROW 01. Starting in 2nd ch through back bumps, slst in next 4sts, [hdc in next 4sts, slst in next 4sts] to end.
ROW 02. ch, turn, slst-tbl in next 4sts, [hdc-tbl in next 4sts, slst-tbl in next 4sts] to end.
ROW 03|04. ch, turn, hdc-tbl in next 4sts, [slst-tbl in next 4sts, hdc-tbl in next 4sts] to end.
ROW 05|06. ch, turn, slst-tbl in next 4sts, [hdc-tbl in next 4sts, slst-tbl in next 4sts] to end.
Repeat rows 03 to 06 until desired height is reached.
1- Try your best to make the slip stitches as loosely as possible, making it easier to insert hook for the next rows.
2- To get straighter edges without holes the last stitch is worked through the back loop and the turning chain.
VIDEOTUTORIAL | HILARIA FINA